Monday, January 21, 2013

Upping the ante

6 Miles...doing it as soon as this "storm" works its way across us.  Hopefully tomorrow.  I'm pumped to try and see how fast I can do it. Also nervous that I will not make it and die halfway through.   Here's my reasoning.  I just looked at the Stew Chase website and saw a note on the bottom that stated they expect the last runners through the finish line at approximately 11:45.  That's only 1:45 after the start of the race.  So I need to be able to run at least 6 miles in 1 hour, maybe 1:10 in order to be able to run the last 3 in a normal amount of time.  If I make it to 1:10, that gives me exactly 35 minutes to run the last 3 miles.  Here's hoping that works.  To say I'm a little nervous right now would be an understatement.  In fact, at the moment, I am regretting the decision to ever sign up for a 15K with only 2 weeks left to get in the extra mileage. In the words of Dierks Bentley, what was I thinking????
Oh, and btw, the Patriots lost last night....Sad day in New England today.



View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment