Thursday, January 3, 2013

Loaded grillers

I'm currently watching T.V. and I just saw a commercial for Taco Bell's loaded grillers.  Generally I don't like Taco Bell and I rarely go there, but those look delicious.  I would definitely eat 5 or 6 of them without regret.  and be ashamed of it later.  But they do look good, which is not something I thought I would ever say about Taco Bell.  I'm sure the urge will pass, but in the meantime, I'd probably eat one or two if someone were to bring them here.
This morning when I got up I had no plans to run today. I know that's not the right mindset at all.  Usually people wake up and say they're going to get a ton of stuff done, and then turn around and do not do it.  My mind apparently works the opposite way though.  As I said, I had no plans to run, mainly because I got into my car and this happened.
Yes, you are reading that right.  It was almost 7:30 am and it was 8 degrees. Let me be clear, that's Farenheit, not Celsius.  When I saw that I said to myself, no way are you going running today, you can go home and play Just Dance instead. In fact, all throughout the day I had no intentions of doing any hardcore working out.  It's not exactly that I'm lazy during the day, but I do a lot of traveling.  I don't have a set classroom so I spend a lot of time walking up and down stairs to pick up my groups of students.  That in itself is quite a workout.  Usually by the time I make it to the 3rd floor my lungs are burning.  (You try carrying your entire days lessons and work around with you and see how you feel!)  Moving right along here, when I left school this afternoon it had warmed up significantly to a balmy 25 degrees.  I still had no intentions to run, but I changed into my workout clothes to walk the dogs.  Then a strange thing happened. After I walked good old Nala, I went to take Stella out. Suddenly though, I was driving to the beach ready for a run. What??????????  I had zero plans all day to run and now here I was going towards the ocean and pumped for running.  WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME????? Of course the beach was cold, but we made our trek down to Nahant and back, in just under 30 minutes. I'm going to pretend that I didn't eat cookies and drink chocolate milk when I got home.  Now I'm sitting here watching How I Met your Mother and listening to Neil Patrick Harris sing Dirty Deeds. Which is making me wish I had that song on my running list.  As well as some Motley Crue.  I need to get a serious reality check here. Those would be terrible running songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment