Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tired Thursday

This week has been the longest week of my life.  I've been doing the ACCESS test all week and it is seriously hindering my ability to get motivated about anything else.  I cannot wait for this test to be over although soon after the MCAS are popping up, so there's not much of a break between all this standardized testing.  I feel worse for the students who are taking the test because it's a lot of listening and writing, all while trying to comprehend a language that may be fairly new to him/her.  Needless to say, this is the first time I've ever wished I had the flu, just so I could avoid giving the test for one day.
Earlier this week I was full of motivation for running.  We did the 4 miles on Sunday and then on Monday and Tuesday I went for shorter, 2 mile runs.  I purposely went two days in row because I had a professional development class on Wednesday and I knew I wouldn't have much time or energy left to run after that.  Plus it snowed out Tuesday night, making the sidewalks and streets a miserable mess on Wednesday.  On top of that, on Monday it was so nice out that I couldn't just stay inside and sit around.  It was almost 60 degrees, in the middle of January.  For those of you who know nothing about New England weather or just don't believe the anecdotes, it's a mess.  Just look at the beginning of this week.  Monday, 60 degrees.  Tuesday, snow storm that turned to ice that turned to rain through Wednesday.  The weather may be a hassle but I like it better than living in the same season year round.  I think I might get incredibly bored with 70 degree weather every day.  Also, my Charity Miles stopped working again and I think that might be it for me and that app.  I love the idea, but I'm not going to continue using an app that doesn't work for me. I'll just stick to MapMyRun for logging miles from now on.  Sorry Charity Miles, maybe when you get your act together, I'll visit you again.
I thought about running again today but I really was just too tired.  I know that's not a very good excuse but considering that I've technically met my weekly goal of running 3x a week, I don't feel TOO bad about it.
Since this weekend is MLK Jr. weekend, I will attempt to get a run in on Friday, Sunday, and Monday.
Finally, I'm still waiting for JOPWorld to process my order.  It seems to be taking them FOR-EV-ER. (Sandlot!!!)  I know I'm being impatient and a little bit whiney right now, so I apologize. I seriously need a nap.  That would do wonders for me right now, so I think I'll go do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment