Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Changing it up

I had a miserable day so I'm switching topics for a moment.  It started this morning when I woke up and didn't want to get out of bed.  The bed was so warm and cozy and I should've just stayed there.  But, I didn't.  I got up like a normal adult and went about my morning routine.  Everything was going great until it was time to leave and I couldn't find my car keys.  I knew they were somewhere in the house but for the life of me I couldn't find them.  I even called Ry and he didn't know where they were.  Searching ended up making me late for work, just by a few minutes, but still.  Then, when I got to work, I happened to check my bank account on my phone and noticed that I was overdrawn by 130 dollars.  WTF.  I looked yesterday and I knew I had enough money to cover my gas bill, with some left over.  So I checked the transactions and  I noticed that my student loan payment for the month had come out.  Here's the thing with that.  My student loans are basically ruining my financial life, but I'm handling them, because I have no choice.  The payments were fairly low until my income went up.  Apparently there's tons of crazy rules about how many years you can spread your payments out, and for ridiculous reasons, (none of my loans separately are not worth 30,000, even though altogether, they're worth 40,000... ridiculous) I can't spread my payment out past 10 years.  Well, last month there was some confusion with my loan payment, so I paid this months last month.  Technically the next payment isn't due to February.  HOWEVER, Salliemae, being the fantastic loan management company they are, decided to take my money for the month anyways.  THANKS GUYS! What it comes down to is that they took out the loan money even though it wasn't due.  As you can imagine, that didn't help my day.  I called and asked them to cancel the payment, and of course, they wouldn't.  A direct quote was, "you can call your bank and put a stop payment on it, but they'll charge you for it."  Because I really want to spend more money right now....really????  After that debacle, I accidentally spilled someone's milk in the fridge when I knocked it over with my lunch bag.  (Who leaves an open carton of milk in the fridge right by the edge???) Then at lunch I went to buy a water from the vending machine and OF COURSE, the water was sold out.  I was just going to get a diet coke instead, but wouldn't you know it, the machine totally stopped working.  Finally, I had a meeting after work so I couldn't even go home and hide in bed like I wanted to.  So, even though it's totally not healthy and against my working out plan, I'm eating crap tonight.  And I don't care! Mostly it's the money issue, but as you can see, I'm not in the best of moods and had to rant it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment