Saturday, January 5, 2013

Full disclosure

I hate working out.  Seriously.  It burns, it hurts, it makes me miserable.  Just thinking about getting up and having to go for a run makes me anxious.  Yet I still put on my workout clothes and I still take that first step, and then the second, and I keep going until I'm back at my car.  The best I can figure is that I hate working out less than I hate eating healthy. At least if I workout I don't feel bad about making cupcakes and homemade pizza for dinner. (That happened.)  Now, I didn't actually workout yesterday per se.  For reasons unknown to me, but probably because I stayed up til 11:30 the night before, I was wicked tired yesterday.  All I wanted to do when I left work was go home and take a nap.  Unfortunately for me, that's never an option.  When I get home I always have to walk the dogs first, so I know there's at least an extra hour that I have to cover before I do my thing. So, I walked the dogs and then at home, went over to good old Pinterest.  There I found a recipe for low-fat Funfetti cupcakes that I immediately decided I wanted to try.  Basically, instead of making the recipe off the box you take the dry mix and pour it in a bowl with 12 fl. oz of 0 calorie Sprite, mix, and voila, cupcake batter.  Since I didn't have Sprite I substituted my Clear Splash Blackberry/Raspberry flavored sparkling tonic water.  Overall the results were the same.  The cupcakes are fairly good but the bottoms taste a bit odd.  Not sure why exactly, but definitely a faster/better option for making cupcakes in the future.  I was also a little bit concerned about the taste after the tonic water so I added a little bit of non-fat powdered vanilla pudding to the mix.  Honestly, you can't tell the difference in the taste and if you didn't know it, you'd think they were made straight from the box recipe.
Well after making the cupcakes and knowing that I was making pizza for dinner, I felt sort of bad.  Sure, my lunch was a PB&J and some fruit, but still, overall, it was not going to be a healthy meal day.  I knew I had to do some sort of workout, but I was just not feeling anything too extreme.  I didn't even want to do my Just Dance.  I was seriously tired and feeling lazy, what can I say.  Luckily, then I found this. The at home couch workout.  Apparently created by someone from/on the Biggest Loser, this is a 24 minute workout that you can do using your couch as a tool.  The good part? It was fast/easy. The bad part?  A lot of the workouts require a resistance band which I, unfortunately, do not hold in my possession. I had to improvise a lot of the workouts, but in the end, I thought, better this than nothing. It may not seem like much of a workout but I can tell you that I definitely felt it this morning, especially in my arms.  If you're ever feeling super lazy, like me, I suggest trying this out.  It's fast and will make you feel a bit better about skipping a day at the gym etc.
We won't talk about the fact that today I've done little to no workouts and have eaten like a pig.  I'll burn it off tomorrow at the 8:30 am run.  I might even consider doing a second loop and making it a 10K.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment