Saturday, January 5, 2013

Update: The Great Stew Chase

I try to never post more than once a day, let alone in the span of a few hours, but this warrants an update so that I might actually do it. My friends and I have been running 5Ks as you may know, and I would like to get through one a month.  That way I can keep up on my working out and not slow down on my running speed.  The problem with this is that it can be hard to find an affordable 5K especially in less than a month. However, for the month of February, someone has found a race right here in the city.  The only problem is that it's not a 5K, or a 10K.  It's a 15K.  That's 9 miles. In the freezing cold.  And I've looked at the race map and there are definitely hills. Three months ago I would've said forget it, no way am I running that, and not looked back.  Tonight though, I am saying the opposite.  I am going to run it, or run/walk it, and I am going to make it through the 9 miles. Starting tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. I will be extending my 3 mile run to a 4/5 mile run and a 2/1 mile walk.  This pattern will continue with increases in mileage once a week up until the week of the race.  Of course I will continue my shorter runs during the week but at least one run a  week will be getting longer.  So I guess I'll see you at the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment