Sunday, January 31, 2016

Either we stand or we fall

Triple bonus points to anyone who reads this who can name the movie that lyric is from.  Mostly because if you can, then we need to be BFFs immediately.
Enough about my terrible taste in movies though. Today is Sunday Runday.  Some may even say Funday.  Some, may not.  Depending on the week, I fall in either category.  Today was a FUN Runday for so many reasons.  1) I got to run with my favorite partners and see the adorable Madilyn.  2) Flat courses. 3) 50 degree weather.  Bonus 4) Got to yell at my mom and aunt to get out of the way when we ran up behind them and got priceless dirty looks from the both of them before they realized who we were.  Not related to running so it doesn't get a number, I also got a giant sundae from Friendly's after lunch.  Sure, the amount of time spent at Friendly's was a bit ridiculous, and the waitress was obviously in over her head, but the sundae was pretty good.
The run today was 9 miles, in case you're wondering, since I didn't mention that above.  I got in a few short runs during the week too, so I guess Boston training is right on track.  I've also decided that I'm bringing back the 26 selfies for Boston.  After all, why not?  This might be my one shot at running it, so I intend to have fun and enjoy every second of it.  No point in speeding through and missing out on the experience, right?
Speaking of Boston, my team shirt arrived yesterday.  I've also got plans to go visit the respite center someday over February vacation, so that should be fun.  I'd love to meet the people who helped Morty when he was a little guy.  I think you can guess where this is going, but since we're on the subject of the respite center, don't forget to donate.  You can just  click right here to get to my donation page and help bring me up to the next level.  Right now I'm at 57%, but we could easily make that 60%.  Or get real wild and shoot for 65%.
Anyways, tomorrow is supposed to be another mid-50s type day, so since it's very rare that February 1 is 50 degrees, I'll definitely be hitting the outdoor running circuit.  And in a week or so, I'll probably remember to update about that too.  But I haven't had much else going on, so here's the map of the Louisiana Marathon, which I finally got around to uploading from my Garmin. Check out that amazingly steady pace!






No comments:

Post a Comment