Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday, rainy Sunday

Or the time it rained enough to make me sleep until 9:30 a.m.  To put that in perspective, during the week my alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. I usually try to get a little bit more sleep on the weekends, but 9:30 is a bit late in my book.  I feel like I wasted my entire morning and it was time for lunch before I even digested my breakfast.  But I'm taking a page from Milli Vanilli and blaming it on the rain.
Obviously it's raining so that left no room for a run.  Alright, alright, I wouldn't have gone for a run even if it wasn't raining, but that's neither here nor there.  Technically it's taper time, even though I'm not following that rule.  I fully intend to keep running this week.  I know, I'm getting wild here, but relax, I'll only be running little 3 - 5 milers.  What I do need to remember is the stretching part.  I've noticed that I'm terrible at stretching after a run and I really need to work on getting better at that.  How can I be faster if my muscles are all wound up?  So my goal for this week is to stretch every day for at least 30 minutes.  Believe me, it's as boring as it sounds, but if it really works, I'll never complain about it again.  I've also decided that 7 days is close enough to start obsessively checking the forecast, which I've done about 5 times so far.  As of right now, the weather is sunny and 57, maybe even a little cloudy.  In short, perfect running weather.  The final debate for that is going to be, shorts or capris? That's always the hardest decision and it's usually a game time decision too.  Shorts are cooler and easier to deal with, but capris offer more compression should I need it.  Plus, 57 is borderline weather in that regard.  You could go either way with that temperature and probably be fine.
While I'm on the subject of race day gear, I've decided that the Nathan belt just isn't going to work for me.  It's just too uncomfortable.  Of course this raises the point that now I've spent money on an item I"m never going to use again, so that's cool.  Since I bought it at Dick's Sporting Goods, I've contacted their customer service to see if I can exchange it for a store credit, and I'm really hoping the answer is yes.  Look, I know that I used it once, but the belt itself is basically like new.  The only issue would be the two water bottles and I know from years of working in high-end retail that there's a 99% chance that they can contact the distributor of Nathan products and get two brand new replacement bottles free of charge, and then resell the belt at a discount rate.  My hopes aren't very high though because when I contacted customer service to inquire about the exchange, the response I got said that she couldn't find an order with my name on it in their system.  I'm not sure why she would be able to anyways, since I bought the product in the store, but maybe she just didn't realize that.  However, if I do get turned down for a store credit, I'd definitely think twice about going back there.  Most of what I want I can get on Amazon for the same or less price, so it's not like I'd be missing out.  But it would be nice to know that there are still places that care enough about the customer to take care of something like this. I know you'll all be waiting eagerly for my update when I finally get an answer though.
That's about all I have going on today, except for more laundry, because that never seems to end, and there's only two of us.  I made Oreo truffle balls for work tomorrow, to ease the pain of not winning the powerball like we planned.  Well, at least not winning anything substantial, we won about $25, which is still less than $1/person.   You know, I'm fine not winning $1.3 billion.  I don't even know what I would do with all that money. Take a few trips, pay off the house and Ryan's car, and then what? Even with that money, I'd still go to work everyday, so it would be wasted on me I suppose. I just want enough to pay off my student loans and to replace my car.  Really, $100,000 would be fine by me.  So if anyone has $100,000 that they don't want, you can just send that on over.  Or if you want to donate a car or pay off my loans for me, those are also options.  Until one of those magical things happens for me though, I'll still be here, writing away about anything I can think of.  Aren't you all just the lucky ones!

This is what happens when I try to stretch at home.  No wonder I always forget to do it.  

Oh yea, I finally labelled my baking jars, like I've been meaning to do since we got them last month, after I shattered the original sugar jar all over the floor.  Believe me, these labels are super important, because for a minute, the powdered sugar and the flour were next to each other.....

No comments:

Post a Comment