Monday, January 25, 2016

When the dreams you're dreaming come to you

When the work you put in is realized, let yourself feel the pride, but always stay humble and kind.
I loved this song the second I heard it on Tim's new album and it's finally making it's radio rounds, which is fantastic because sometimes I just don't feel like digging around in my Play app to find/stream it.  If you don't know the song yet, get yourself acquainted because I'm sure it's going to be the next "I Hope You Dance".
But enough about Tim and his crazy country success, let's talk about why we're really here.  In case you're wondering, I took an entire rest week, which I never do.  Maybe I'm just over-worked, but for the first time in a long time I really felt like I needed the break from working out.  However, this also seems to be happening more lately, so maybe I'm just bored with my regular work outs and need something new to do.  It could really go either way.  Since I was on a rest week, I decided to make it a carb-load week too.  That was fun.  I made peanut butter chocolate chip butterscotch chip blondies, meatballs, and pretzels with queso.  My kitchen was the place to be last week if you wanted food. Sorry I didn't share that until after the fact, but I didn't really want to share my food anyways.
Because there was no working out last week, I don't really have much to fill in here.  So I'm going to use this as an opportunity to drop in another fundraiser reminder.  Right now I'm just over half-way there, around the 56% mark. Which means I'm closer to the end than the beginning, but I still have a long way left to go.  For a comparison, it's about mile 15 of the marathon.  Close enough to keep going, but far enough to still be in the double digits.  So if you're feeling extra givey today, please click on over to my page and drop off some sweet funds.  Morty will appreciate it, I will appreciate it, the center will appreciate it, and karma will too, which is always a bonus.  If you really want a story to help you believe in karma, one day I bought one of those high school team cards that gets you discounts at local places.  I had/have no intentions of using it, but it was only $20 and I felt like the boy deserved it for going door to door in this day and age.  So I paid the $20 and took the card.  Three days later, walking the dogs, what do I find in the middle of the road? A $20 bill.  There you go, karma at it's finest.  Or something.  Whatever you want to believe in, take that story and replace the word karma with whatever it is you think causes people to find money on the side of the road after doing something nice.  Whatever you do, this paragraph has long strayed from it's topic, so let's bring it back around nicely by ending with the link.  Click here to donate!!!
As a wrap up, you can enjoy these free photos courtesy of the Louisiana Marathon.  As if you needed another reason to sign up next year, they give you the race photos for free!!!! That's a rare occasion in the world of marathons, so if you can get them, take them.  I especially enjoy the finish line photos. They really captured the moment.










This is a good shot of Alison waving to Ryan

And of course Ryan's fantastic finish!

Pretzels and queso



Peanut butter blondies


No comments:

Post a Comment