Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back at it

Another long run is in the books.  A real long run too, none of this 10 mile weenie crap.  Sorry, that was uncalled for, and after this marathon, 10 miles will go back to being a long run, so don't be offended.  I will regret that statement in due time, I'm sure of it.  Tonight we did 14, following a familiar route.  We started at Tides in Nahant, ran down the beach, through Swampscott, into Marblehead, and then turned around and looped back through Swampscott to Tides again.  Since we went at 5 pm we got to enjoy an awesome sunset over the ocean and a lot of cool air.  Fall running really must be the best.  The air is perfect, the weather is fantastic, and soon enough, there will be awesome Halloween decorations out everywhere.  Salem might be a bit too crowded for running, but it would be some great scenery.
Here's the route we ran tonight.  We had a great time without all the humidity, it was the 3rd fastest half marathon I've ever run.  The fastest still stands as the Run to Remember at 2:01.  All of my running buddies have big races next weekend, so I'm on my own for that I guess.  Two of them are running a half in Salem and the other two are doing the Spartan beast, which is just crazy. 

I don't have many runs planned before the marathon actually.  Just the Electric Run at Gillette Stadium the first weekend in October and the last few Lynn Woods Runs.  There is a 15K or 5K for the running club, but I don't really want to risk that so close to the marathon.  It's 2 weeks before, and with my luck, I'd break something running through the woods.  Plus, from the sound of it, the 15K is a bunch of loops through the woods, which sounds awful because that's a lot of hills.  Most likely, I'll stick to long run Sundays and boxing for endurance.  Then, after the marathon, I can go back to running for fun, which I am really looking forward too.

Oh, one more thing, I made it through Once Upon a Time season 2 (in record time) and I'm pumped for season 3.  And yes, I know the town was frozen for 28 years, but I still don't buy the Snow White, Prince Charming, Emma Swan family thing.  It just doesn't fit with me.  However, I do love Mr. Gold.  My worry is that they're going to turn Peter Pan into something awful and he's one of my FAVORITE story characters, so I really hope they don't.  Lastly, I feel like they could have held off on a spin-off for a few, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment