Thursday, September 19, 2013

The end is nigh

Apparently next Wednesday is the last Lynn Woods Run of the season.  What AM I going to do with my Wednesday nights now?  Extra boxing? A new running club? The possibilities are endless.  It's a little sad though, I'll miss the weekly woods runs and all the people around.  Being part of a group is a nice feeling, even if you never talk to anyone outside of your little circle.
Marathon training is still going strong.  There's a half on Saturday in Salem that I am most likely running.  Someone from the woods club had a number that they can't use anymore, so if that works out, I'll be running bright and early Saturday.  At least this time, I can aim for a PR and actually have a goal in mind that I know is do-able.  If you remember my last sanctioned half, I was pretty nervous, and mostly unsure that I could ever finish it in under 2 hours.  I'm still not sure if I can finish in under 2 hours, but I like my chances, as long as the weather stays cool and I take tomorrow as a rest day.
My week has been super busy with workouts, so I'm pretty excited for a rest day.  I've been running or boxing since Sunday, which is not that fun, if you can believe it.  Not much else to update about right now, everything is still chugging along nicely. Oh wait, I know, one more thing.  Tonight I tried spaghetti squash for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised.  What I was expecting was a gross mash of squash that tasted like regular old winter squash, but what it was, was so much more.  At first, it was a bit of struggle to get over the crunchy-ness of the spaghetti threads, but after that, I actually enjoyed it.  I'd eat it again if I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment