Monday, October 20, 2014

The one where I meet my favorite Patriot

This has absolutely nothing to do with running, but I'm just so excited that it has to go out.  Tonight I got to meet my favorite NFL running back, the one and only, Mr. Shane Vereen.  Last year I picked him up as a rookie for my fantasy team, held onto him through his broken wrist, and watched him grow. I picked him up again this year because I really liked what he did last year. So I was beyond excited to be able to meet him tonight. I wasn't sure it was going to happen, because he was filming a sports show at the Hard Rock and there was a good amount of people around.  Most of them were waiting for Gronkowski, but I came for Shane and there was no way I was letting that get away without at least a far away picture.  Luckily he was super polite and friendly.  I told him he was my favorite and we took a picture together.  Then he signed the only thing I had on hand, a napkin from the table.  But hey, at least it was clean! So, there you go.  Barely 8 hours left until my 30th birthday and that's what I got from it.  Not bad! Speaking of Gronk, he was an hour late, did his quick tv interview, and the walked out without signing or photos with anyone, because he was late for another appearance.  There were a lot of disappointed folk in the place, but not me.  I got exactly what I came for.  Here's our picture.  I think you can tell I was little excited.

Love it!

This is the closest we could get to Gronk. That's a full zoom.

No comments:

Post a Comment