Monday, October 27, 2014

Run Like Hell: Devil's Chase 6.66

This was a wicked busy weekend so I didn't get time to update until now. We went to visit some friends in Vermont which was lovely.  Except for when we waited two hours for brunch. That part I could have done without.  Live and learn.
As far as running goes though, I feel like I got a lot done.  Friday before boxing I ran a quick 3 miles.  Saturday was the big day though.  B and S puts on a lot of races around here, most notably, the Wicked Half that I did last month.  This month they did the Devil's Chase 6.66 miler through Salem.  I love running in Salem, but I hate driving there in October.  I do my best to avoid the city at peak hours the entire month.  Occasionally I'll go through around 2:30 on a Wednesday, but even that's stretching it.  Plus, all the parking is resident only, which is a struggle unless you want to pay $20.  No thanks. Anyways, this race started at 8:00 a.m. and there was plenty of free parking (woo woo). Of course I took my Tailwind along, because at this point, I'm committed.  Even though it was a chilly start and I was alone, I had fun.  The race started and ended at the Willows, which is a little strip mall arcade place.  Of course everything is closed now that the season is over, but it still makes for nice running.  We ran out through Salem commons, down the pedestrian mall, back by the Wharf, around Winter Island, and back through the Willows.  It really was nice.  Since the road we started on bottle-necked pretty bad for the Wicked Half, I made a conscious effort to get up to the front for the start.  That worked out well and I was able to get out as soon as the race started.  I know I should have started slower than I did, but I really enjoyed the fact that I was so close to the start that I could see the police car leading the first place runner out in front of me.  In the end, I ran my first mile at 7:44 and then dropped down to the 8;10 range for the next 5.66.  Which is still really good.  I came in 90th overall, and 8th in my age group.  8th. Out of 200! I was excited about that, but also a little disappointed.  I just keep thinking if I had done my first mile just a little bit slower, I could have done my other 5 a little bit faster, and maybe not had two other female runners pass me on the last little stretch.  Aside from that though, the medal they gave out was awesome, and I got some fun pictures.  Plus I got my fastest 10K. So overall, it was a good run.


Mile 5-ish. Obviously I was having a good time.

Final stretch.  I was celebrating and yelling "Woo!" to Mr. Mike Fitzgerald, who takes the pictures at Lynn Woods during the summer, and races like this, clearly.

Finishing. Yea!!!!!

I liked my number too.  If you can't be 666, might as well be close.

Sweet medal yo.

And here's my run

No comments:

Post a Comment