Thursday, June 20, 2013

Running late

Hahahaha oh me.
Sorry.  I'm normal now.  Yesterday was another Lynn Woods run.  I was supposed to run the long run which was 7.7 miles.  We even got 3 more people to join us this week, so it was going to be tons of fun.  And then, my running buddy was late.  I know I could've gone without her and done the 7.7 by myself, but I just didn't want too.  Probably because I ate 9 or 10 homemade rice krispie treats over the course of the day, but really, it could've been anything.  So we ended up doing the short run instead.  And I do mean short.  2.5 miles.  I think that's the shortest I've run in months.  So now I need to go out and run another middle of the road mile race.  I was really hoping to have my runs out of the way by Wednesday night, so that's a little bit of a bummer.  The problem isn't really the running so much as it is there's no where good to run.  I'm sick of driving places to run the routes.  At the same time, there's absolutely no where good to run in this neighborhood.  I would like to find a nice new quiet route that's not a 20 minute drive.  It would be easier to go for a run if I could just go outside and do it.  Really, it's just one of those weeks.  I just don't really want to go for runs at all.  It's nice out, but it's also hot, which makes the idea of sweating and taking 16 showers a day unappealing.
Alright, there's really nothing going on here, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment