Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Y'all act like you've never seen a runner before

Ok sorry, I'm channeling my inner Slim Shady today, because why not? So I did a long run this weekend, finally, after procrastinating it for a few weeks.  Surprisingly, it was fairly easy.  I followed my regular route up the rail trail to the Smith household, picked up Murdock for some middle miles, and then followed the rail trail back to my car.  In all, it was 18.5 miles.  BOOM.  The first 5.5 took me 48 minutes, because I like to overachieve.  The middle 7.5 we did at a 9:48 pace.  The last 5.5 I did a 9:10ish pace.  So, you know, right on track with where I want to be.  Then of course, I got sick.  Because apparently I can't do a long run anymore without getting a raging cold later that day.  Anyone else have this problem?  I looked it up and it doesn't seem to be a common situation, but that just could be, because as Ryan says, I don't know how to Google right.  So if you're in the same boat as me and get a terrible head cold after long running, I feel your pain.  Hopefully it clears up soon, because I have the 20 miler on the 12th and I really don't want to have a cold while running.
Besides that long run, Murdock and I did the Fudgecicle 5k on Saturday as a team.  It was the final race of the Fudgecicle series so they had two person teams and the winners got a prize at the end.  Since we were one of three teams in the Coed Open Division, we managed to take first place.  We both got scratch tickets that won 0 dollars, so there's that.  It's a nice easy 5K though and real close to the house, so I didn't mind getting up and running.
I'm still fundraising over here, in case you're looking for something to donate too.  I've been giving away Disney drawings for people that donate over $25, if that's something that interests you.  I can do more than just Disney, that just happens to be my favorite, so if you want a different picture you'll have to make a special request.  So if you want to get in on this deal, you have to go over to my fundraising page and make a donation stat.  Here's the link, in case you're looking for it again.  DONATE RIGHT HERE!
And now some of the pictures I'm sending out to those who already donated.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment