Saturday, March 12, 2016

20 Miles

The Black Cat 10 and 20 miler was today and it was the perfect day for running.  It was around 40 degrees when we started, nice and sunny, with just the right amount of wind.  For the first time, I can actually say that this was a fairly easy 20 miles.  Murdock did the 10 miler, so we ran the first 10 together, sharing stories about our weeks, which really passed the time.  Then of course I had to do the second 10 alone, but they really weren't bad at all. Even with the blister that formed on the side of my foot around mile 12.  This is the first time I've ever gotten a blister there, so I don't know what happened.  I didn't make any changes to my shoes or my socks, so I'm a little surprised that it formed actually.  The race was fun though, and I even ran past someone else running for the Respite Center, so that was kind of neat.  In the end, I had a 3:05 finish time, which really isn't bad, considering we talked through the first 10.  I'm confident that I'm ready for Boston now.  A few more long runs will have to be sprinkled into the next few weeks, but I'm totally ready to rock and roll on Patriot's day.  Blisters and all.
Sadly, I don't think my bib chip registered across the timing mat for whatever reason, because I'm not showing up in any of the results.  It's not a big deal though because I wasn't winning any awards with my time.  After the race, I went outside to stretch because inside was too crowded.  There were other people stretching outside anyways, so I figured I'd just do my thing near them.  Of course, they left soon after, but I figured I'd keep stretching, because why not.  Except that I was in the middle of pigeon pose when some guy on a bike rode up behind me and said "Nice stretch! Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice stretch." BARF!!!! So that stretch ended quickly and I left.  But really guys, thanks for being creepy and disgusting and ruining other people's days.  Seriously, it's fantastic, we love it when you do things like that.
Since this run really was uneventful, I've got nothing else exciting to share tonight.  The box-a-thon is tomorrow and I'm at 93% of my goal so hopefully that helps push me to 100%.  And unrelated to that stuff, my phone is still rotating all of my pictures when I use my camera.  It doesn't do it in 3rd party apps, so I think it's an app problem, not the actual camera, but I don't know how to fix it.  The camera app is pre-installed on the phone, so I can't very well delete and reinstall it.  Plus, now half of the pictures I took today aren't showing up on this either.  Whatever, I'll figure it out later, right now it's bedtime, so enjoy the picture I can find.
Got a pair of super comfy flip flops to alleviate the blister situation. This is the only picture from today that's appearing in my photo roll right now, so this is all I have for you. Sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment