Monday, March 14, 2016

I can't feel my legs when I'm with you

I'd like to dedicate that title to the ice bath.  Last year I had no interest in such craziness but this year I'm full on embracing the whole thing.  I'm not really sure why, because I hate being cold, but my legs just feel so good afterwards.  Sadly, my back still hurts, so it wasn't a cure-all like I was hoping it would be.
Anyways, I had my box-a-thon fundraiser yesterday and with that I made it over the top of my donation goal.  I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone who donated something to my fund because every donation made an impact. Now that the hard part of fundraising and running 20 mile long runs is over, I can't wait for Patriot's Day to get here so I can go run the streets of Boston, FINALLY.  I've avoided training on the marathon route at all, so it will be new and exciting for the entire run.  That's about all I've got to say today, but  here are a few pictures to check out from the box-a-thon and my legs in an ice bath.


Best trainers on the planet.  They both gave up their Sunday morning to come help me out!


This photo is 100% staged.  I don't usually punch like that...or laugh while I'm boxing, I swear!


Grad school besties




BRRR

I got smart and wore socks this time though

And a long sleeve shirt, that helped

Oh yea, here's a homemade chicken kabob sub I made for dinner. It was bomb!

Post run stretch on Sunday

Finisher medal and the coolest bib number I've ever had. 



No comments:

Post a Comment