Friday, November 1, 2013

Why, candy, Whyyyyyyyyyyy?????

Ever since the marathon I've been super, super hungry.  I'm talking abnormally hungry.  No matter what I eat, it doesn't seem to be enough.  Here's a little list of all the ridiculous food I've eaten since running 26.2
Sunday after the marathon: A banana at the finish line, obv that doesn't count for much, that was necessary just to get some calories back after the 2700 I burned. Then, about a lb of watermelon, an entire cheeseburger with a side of fries, a cinnabon, (regular sized), a small-ish bag of Doritos (well, only half of that), and some Jelly Belly Protein recovery crisps.  BTW, amazing, I need to go get some more them.
Monday: still starving, I ate a chocolate belvita for breakfast, some macaroni with grated cheese for lunch, and two pieces of pizza, some Parmesan bites and a quarter of cinnastix from Dominos.
Tuesday: Not getting any less hungry, a Snickers Marathon bar for breakfast, a piece of leftover pizza and two or three fun sized Three Musketeer bars for lunch, and then some pasta with ground chicken and sauce for dinner.  Oh, and almost a whole bag of beef jerky for a snack on the way to boxing, and some more fun sized Snickers/Reeses in between, as well as the rest of that marathon bar.
Wednesday: Seriously, am I dying? STILL starving. Chocolate belvita for breakfast, leftover dinner for lunch, more than necessary Halloween candy for a snack.   For dinner? HALF OF A LARGE PIZZA from Papa Ginos.
Thursday: I might not be hungry anymore, maybe I'm just in full gluttony mode at this point.  Seem to have lost track of which is which.  Anyways, breakfast, Munchkins because duh, Halloween.  Lunch, two slices of leftover pizza, four homemade cookies, and probably worst of all, 2/3 of a package of Chips Ahoy Halloween cookies. I wish that was an exaggeration.  For dinner I had my leftover dinner from Tuesday, as well as an absurd amount of Halloween candy that I can't even count and don't want to.
Friday: Breakfast, chocolate belvita, lunch was planned leftover pizza, instead I ate cheese fries.  Great plan there.... of course Halloween candy for in between snacks.  Then I had pretzel bites for another snack.  After that I had dinner....chicken and rice.  With a side of Halloween candy.  Does anyone see a trend here?
Ok, so clearly I've gone a bit completely overboard in the eating department this week.  Usually I eat mostly ok, and I don't even order out on Fridays when we order at school.  This week was an outlier though. Let's not get totally ridiculous though. I did workout after all.  I went boxing on Tuesday and Thursday and I intend to go tomorrow.  Walking the dogs is a daily activity and if you had to conquer the stairs I have to every day, you'd understand why sustenance is necessary sometimes.  If we're following patterns here, it's clear that the main culprit is Halloween candy.  All the extra candy everywhere has taken over my life. Let's just take one moment and realize that this week was a ridiculous week for eating and I'll try not to relive it every week.  Just because Thanksgiving is coming doesn't mean I have to eat for 12.  I'll leave you with one more picture from the marathon, a picture I forgot to post last night, and one of my favorites.  And a picture or two of the sunset, just because.

When you finish, a new LT gives you a medal.  Cynthia got mine perfectly in mid-award.








Sorry they're not more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment