Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Going big

I'm in! Philadelphia in 11 days.  Yea, I know, I just ran a marathon. Since I'm already in marathon condition though, I really like the idea of just getting another one done now, instead of waiting and having to re-train.  But the best part is that it's only a 5 hour drive instead of an 8 hour drive like Washington D.C..  Unlike the last marathon, this time I'm just excited about it.  The first one was nerve wracking, with all the time limits and the beat the bridges, etc.  Of course Philadelphia has time limits too, but now that I know I can make it, I'm not as worried about it.
You may be wondering how exactly I made it into Philadelphia with only 11 days left to go.  Well, Cynthia never gives up when she wants to find someone something, so she searched high and low until she found me a spot on Team Lung Love, which is apparently a lung cancer association.  I think that they were running out of time because the marathon is so close, so they were giving away spots for less than they usually would have.  For example, if you register through them, for the basic fee, you get the bib and marathon shirt, just like you would if you registered through Active.  You do not get any of the team benefits BUT you also don't have to meet a fundraising goal.  As you well know, I'm not against fundraising in any way.  Clearly, as I tend to spam the world with Donorschoose links when I need supplies for my students.  However, fundraising for $1500 in just 11 days is way beyond my reach.  I know I'd never make that goal.  It's nice that they have the option of running with the team though, and if you wanted to donate some money, here's a Link.
That's basically it for exciting news.  I don't even have any pictures to share with you today. I'm sure you're all bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment