Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I'm melting

It's too hot.  To run, to move, for life in general, it's just too hot.  There are a lot of times in my life where I dream about living in Louisiana.  Today is not one of them.  Currently my living room temperature is at 89 degrees.  Oh sure, I have the windows open and the curtains closed to block out the sun but that's not helping at all.  Yes, there's also a fan on.  You might wonder if I have air conditioning.  I do.  So why not use it? Well, it's been in the 90s for the past 13 days here. That's not a guess either, that's an accurate count.  13 straight days of a/c can do a number on your electric bill.  So I'm trying to conserve energy.  (Save money, whatever) But it's just so HOT.
 Part of it is the humidity.  Right now it's 89 and feels like 93.  I, for one, am not impressed.  I don't mind the heat, and I really do enjoy the Southern lifestyle going on right now.  But it's killer for running.  I'm stuck in a rut of not wanting to run because it's just too hot, and needing to keep on top of things for my marathon training.  What's a person to do? Tonight I have the run in the woods and I'm already dreading that.  Yes, I still have four hours to go, and yes I'm already praying that a magical rainstorm blows in and cools everything down by 20 degrees.  How can I possibly get ready for a marathon if I can't even get a short run in during the week?  I still haven't made it past 13 miles and I really need to start tacking on extras.  I think by September I should be in the 20s.  No, scratch that. I HAVE to be in the 20s.  I'll never make it 26.2 in October if I'm not up to at least 22 in September.  Writing this out makes it even worse.  In the words of Charlie Brown, AUGH

No comments:

Post a Comment