Thursday, July 11, 2013

A question about weddings, a little off topic

     I've been working on a brooch bouquet and it's actually coming along nicely.  I read a lot of the diy tips on the various websites before I started, which I highly recommend.  Here's my problem.  I tried both the floral wire and Styrofoam ball method and cannot decide which one I like better! The floral wire gave it a more flowery type feel, but after much thought, I don't think I want to back it up with flowers, I really just want the brooches.  It seems like a lot of those who went the floral wire method used a base of fake flowers as well.
    The Styrofoam ball makes it a lot easier to stick everything in, but I'm concerned about some of the brooches coming loose and falling off.  So, what I want to know is, for anyone that has made a brooch bouquet, did you try both methods AND which method did you find worked best?  For the life of me, I cannot find any comparisons of the two, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

     For those of you who are reading this to follow my running, I ran 6 miles on Monday and 6 in the woods yesterday, and both were miserable due to humidity.  So there's that for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment