Tuesday, February 12, 2013

These are my confessions...

I haven't run since last Thursday.
I've eaten a lot of crap since then.
Ben and Jerry's Phish Food may be my downfall.
Having no school does nothing to help my workout regime.
Next week I get to watch Morty, which means there will be little time for running.

I think that's it though.  I'm super pumped that I get to watch Morty again.  I miss the little man so it will be nice to spend some time with him. However, the last time I watched him, he was still 2 and taking naps.  I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure 3 year olds don't take naps, which begs the question, what does one do with a 3 year old all day?  And I do mean all day.  I'll be watching him from 7:45 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tuesday - Friday.  You would think, being a teacher, I would have 1000 tricks up my sleeve. Alas, I do not.  Sure, I have a few ideas, the regular, arts and crafts, library, and stretches.  Other than that though, I'm out of ideas.  I'm sure I'll think of something though.
Since it has been almost an entire week since my last run, I'm a little concerned that I'll be out of shape again.  You may laugh at me, but it took me a long time to get up to 9 miles and one week could easily undo it all.  The food I've been eating isn't helping either.  I haven't been completely inactive.  There was shoveling to do, dogs to walk, and I did some pilates.  Hopefully this snow melts soon so that I can get back out there and run again.  Weather is the one downfall to not having a gym membership.  I don't mind running in heat, cold, or rain.  But I can't do ice and snow.  So here's hoping that there's at least a clear path on the sidewalks soon, so I can go back to running in peace (misery, whatever).

No comments:

Post a Comment