Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Short and quick, like I wish my workouts were

Merry Christmas!
As an added bonus, we here on the East Coast woke up to snow this morning.  It just doesn't get any Christmas-ier than that.  Not exactly a white Christmas, but at least it's a bit more festive than the 50 degree weather we've been having.  That being said, snow = not a fun running surface, so I guess there's the other side of that coin.
Took to the woods yesterday in my awesome Adidas climacools, (see previous post) and found them even better for traction over the iced up puddles and rocks.  They may be ripped, but they can still grip!
I must say I got the best new gift this Christmas, a brand new phone.  I've been using the iPhone 4 and I will just come out and say it, I hated it.  I need my Google apps and I hated having to run everything through a 3rd party.  Especially Google music.  That's what I use to pump my jams when I'm trying to ignore the fact that I hate running even though I'm halfway into my 3 miles.  However, on the iPhone, it takes forever to load and half the time it doesn't work on it's own.  I have to pull it out in the middle of my run to switch songs or restart.  Not exactly helpful when you're trying to focus on making better time.  So I'm pretty excited to switch to the Galaxy and be able to access my music straight from Google.  Of course the phone came with headphones, but what I'm really aiming for are the zip ups from JOP World  I wouldn't say no to the gloves either actually.  It's not necessarily that I NEED new headphones, but I have been hoping to get these.  I like to keep one headphone out while running. (Safety precaution, I like to hear what's happening around me.) When I do though, the other phone is just floating and bouncing all over the place.  I'm hoping that the zip-ups will stop this by holding the free phone in place.  If not, well, at least I'll have some pretty sweet phones. I can't find them at any of the stores here in the States, so I figured if I was getting them off the internet, I might as well get them from a site I like, which is why I plan to go through JOP World.  If I buy these (read: when), I'll be sure to let you know how well they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment