Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Running songs

I've been tossing around two ideas to post about today, but I can only pick one.  That way, I have something  to post about later as well. So after much very little debate, I've settled on my running playlist.  As you might have seen earlier my love for Google music basically hinges on the fact that I can store my music there and access it anywhere, including my iPhone, which will be retired later today.  I've been using the same playlists I've had since I got my first iPod in 2004....
That doesn't mean I haven't added more music, I just haven't really changed the playlists.  I keep transferring all my music from one computer to another.  A real pain actually, if your settings are wrong, and the last time I did this, my iPod/tunes went all wonky and now a good portion of my songs have no title, but instead, a jumble of random letters.  But that's not the point, I'm not here to discuss the lesser points of Apple, though I'm sure I could.  Sorry Apple, as you can probably tell, I'm a Google person through and through.
Back to my playlists though.  For the longest time I used my Rockin Songs playlist. Not a bad playlist, but it was made back in 04/05, and it covers a wide variety of music, some not as rockin as others, as it were.  This year I decided to make a new playlist (thanks to Google Music....) that I could use solely for working out/running.  I really like my rockin songs playlist, but it doesn't do to have The Hollies come on in the middle of your run. It's not exactly upbeat.  So I created my workout songs playlist.  Here's a run down of what's on this list, in no particular order.
Accidentally In love - Counting Crows
Holding out for  Hero - Jennifer Saunders
7 Things - Miley Cyrus
99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
All Star - Smashmouth
All the Small Things - Blink 182
Sk8r Boi - Avril Lavigne
Back in the USSR - The Beatles
Barbie Girl - Aqua
Beer for my Horses - Toby Keith
Birdhouse in Your Soul - They Might be Giants
Black Betty - Tom Jones
Blame it - T. Pain/Jamie Foxx
Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Can't stop this thing we started - Bryan Adams
Can't Hold Us Down - Christina Aguilera
Crazy in Love - Beyonce/Jay-Z
December 1963 - Four Seasons
Defying Gravity - Wicked Soundtrack
He Loves You Not  - Dream
Just Lose it - Eminem
Without Me - Eminem
Encore/Curtains Down - Eminem
Everybody - Backstreet Boys
Everything I Do (Punk Cover)
Sugar We're going Down - Fallout Boy
Get Low - Lil Jon etc.
Get Rhythm - Johnny Cash
Gettin Jiggy Wit It - Will Smith
Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) -  C.C. & the Music Factory
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
Hit 'em Up Style - Blu Cantrell
I Go to Extremes - Billy Joel
Shipping up To Boston - Dropkick Murphy's
It Ain't me Babe - Johnny Cash/June Carter
It's Five O'clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson/Jimmy Buffet
Encore - Jay-Z/Linkin Park
Livin La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin
Mambo No. 5 - Lou Vega
Men in Black - Will Smith
My Friends Over You - (?)
Ob - la -di, Ob - la- da - The Beatles
Old Blue Jeans - Hannah Montanna
Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
Party in the U.S.A - Miley Cyrus
Picture to Burn - Taylor Swift
Pon De Replay - Rhianna
See You Again - Miley Cyrus
Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
Shake That - Eminem/Nate Dogg
Smack That - Akon/Eminem
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Umbrella - Rhianna/Jay-Z
Under Pressure - David Bowie/Queen
Uptown Girl - Billy Joel
Wake Up Call - Maroon 5
Wannabe - Spice Girls
We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
We Got the Party With Us - Hannah Montana
Puke - Eminem
My 1st Single - Eminem

If you read that whole list, I applaud you and beg you not to judge me based on this one playlist.  I chose these songs because they have peppy beats and keep me moving.  I definitely don't make it through this entire playlist, I usually just hit shuffle and go.  However, I am getting quite bored with these songs and I would love to get some new ones on there.  Of course I have my own opinions, but I thought I would take this time to find out what OTHER people have on their playlists.  What gets you up and moving? What song pushes you through just when you think you can't go another step?  Feel free to share, and don't be embarrassed.  After all, it can't be much worse than Hannah Montana can it?



No comments:

Post a Comment