Sunday, December 23, 2012

New Year, new blog

So technically, I'm a bit early.  It's not quite the new year yet, but I wanted to get a head start.  I've had this blog for a little over a year and a half and it has been updated sporadically at best.  The problem, I find, is that I've never quite decided on a topic for the blog.  Lots of people have reasons for blogging; DIY ideas, family updates, baking, sharing teaching ideas, the list goes on and on.  Realistically, I could use this for all of the above.  However, I don't think I would ever be able to find the time to blog on one subject repeatedly enough to have it become meaningful.  I'd love to share my DIY projects, my delicious baking experiments, and my teacher ideas, but I know I'd start strong and taper off into nothingness as my life became busier.
At this point you may be asking yourself, why is she even keeping a blog? It would seem that I've copped out of everything that most people would be interested in reading about.  Not to worry though, I do have a plan.  It may not be well put together, but it's a plan all the same.  Instead of blogging about all the exciting things I do in my days, I've decided to go a different route.  After all, if I wanted to write about my days, I'd keep a diary.
Without further ado, I present to you, my travelling and fitness blog.  If I've just lost you, take a second and keep going, it's not quite what it sounds like, I just don't have a better description at the moment.  You see, ever since I can remember, there have been hundreds of places I'd like to visit. Some I've made it to, others are still just spots on a map to me.  So I've decided to record these places, the places I've gone and what I enjoyed, the places I want to go, and why.  But that's not all.  At the same time, I've decided to go on a 5K kick.  It started out simple, just doing the Color Run, but as time went on, I thought it would be nice to do another.  Recently I've found myself signing up for not just one, but 7 more 5ks.  So I thought I might as well record the experiences I have while training.  I use that term loosely, because I'm not sure how much of my workouts can be considered training, but more on that later.  How do travel and fitness tie together then?  Well, here's my final outcome.  I really, really, desperately, want to run the Disney World Marathon.  I'm thinking 2014.  Right now, I can run 3 miles in 30 minutes.  That means I still have 23.2 miles left to train for.  And so, I've decided to train and travel.  Perhaps combining the two will encourage me to go further.  We'll see.  But what better time to start thinking this through than in the brand new year? If you ask me, there isn't one.

No comments:

Post a Comment