Saturday, December 29, 2012

Not so snowy Saturday

I'll just start by saying there's supposed to be a winter storm coming through.  Perhaps it truly is hitting other parts of the state, but right now, where I sit, it's just a light dusting and some rain.  Why must the weather always be lame here? I wouldn't mind a bit of snow tonight.  Shoveling would be a great workout!
Since it was (is) supposed to snow, I've made it a night of sitting on the couch, watching Disney movies, and eating mac and cheese and chocolate.  (Not at the same time, that would be gross.)
Yesterday I went for a run in the woods but it ended poorly due to the fact that dear old Nala can't handle seeing/smelling another dog within 50 feet of her.  We kept having to change trails and double back, and eventually I just got sick of it.  I think we made it about 2.4 miles total.  
I decided that I would skip a day of running today, since it was supposed to snow and all.  If you're wondering what I did all day, which I'm sure you are, I watched soccer. For 4 hours.  I wish I was kidding.  I originally planned to just watch the Arsenal/Newcastle match.  Fantastic match by the way, final time was 7-3 Gunners! Then they aired the Aston Villa/Wigan match, which I did not intend to watch, but I kept hearing about how awful AV was, so I decided to see for myself.  By the end of that match I came to the conclusion that AV reminds me of the Sox.  They're not bad necessarily, they just make the wrong moves at the wrong time.  Solidarity my friends, you'll win one again eventually.
Lest you think I was ridiculously lazy today, I assure you, I got some work in.  I cut out a hundred little laminated board game pieces to use next week, (don't you wish you were a teacher??) and I also winter-proofed my dining room windows.  Oh, and I took down all the Christmas decorations.  So, not a total wash  and I got to see some fairly fantastic soccer matches.  Honestly, I don't know why I'm sharing any of this, as it's not really blog worthy, but it's done now, so there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment