Thursday, June 9, 2016

Trail running in the City

Since it's basically summer time, I've been keeping up with the Woods runs, which is necessary, because it seems to be the only day I actually go out and run right now.  Sometimes on my way home from work I think about going for a run when I get home.  Usually that changes after I get home and walk the dogs. By the time I'm done, I no longer feel like going for a run and so I don't.  Bad habit to get into, I know.  So at least I have the woods on Wednesday nights.
Last night I really didn't want to go at all, because I've gotten incredibly lazy since the last marathon.  No joke.  Before the marathon I was going to the gym, running, and coaching track, all while having a good time.  Now I'm not really into the gym or the running, and track is over for the season.  Some people call it taking a break, but I call it just being over it.  Or, LAZY.  It's fine though, this happened last year too.  I think it's a summer thing.  Most people hit the winter and don't want to workout or do anything, but it seems I'm the opposite.  As soon as summer hits, I'm not into doing anything that involves extra work.  I'll still do it, I just don't like it as much.
But anyways, so I didn't want to run last night.  It was supposed to rain and be stormy, so I was really hoping the weather would come through for me, but it didn't.  Then when the other teacher who runs the woods said she was still running, I knew I had to go.   It started off poorly because the solitary bathroom that is available was occupied and then suddenly "broken". Usually I use the bathroom before a race just as a security blanket, so it's not a huge deal, but still.  One toilet and you broke it. Thanks buddy.  So it never rained and we went out and did the 5.5 miles just like we were supposed to, myself included.  Funny story, the run turned out to be my best woods time yet.  And I didn't even use the Tailwind.  I guess I'm just a champion trail runner now.  I came in 38 overall with a total time of 45:21 and 7th out of the females.  Not too bad.
So, that's my story for now.  Trail running is going well, other running is basically non-existent at the moment.  Until next time, PICTURES!

Made this cool shark for our Hawaiian day.  Stick your face through the mouth and get your picture taken!

Woods run selfie

Checked out this restaurant in Portland.  Worth it.  The milkshake was delicious.

And here's Portland. From the car.

Peony in bloom.  At least I can grow flowers.

5th grade track and field event because track is life.

These are the best cookies in the world. I might have bought a pound of them and then ate the entire pound. Not even a little bit sorry. I love Italian butter cookies.

Nala loves the sun.

Stella is super patriotic I guess

Woods run selfie from this week. That's the glow of a PR.

Look at them grow! 

I decided to bring the peonies inside.  Because that's what good gardeners do?

No comments:

Post a Comment