Monday, June 27, 2016

Run skipper

Last Wednesday I had jury duty in Salem.  That ended at noon, so I went home to hang out with the pups. Once I arrived home and got everything done, I was not interested in driving back up to Lynn for the woods run.  Then I looked at the traffic and Google told me it was an hour and ten minute drive, which really sealed my decision.  So I skipped the run.  Maybe it wasn't the best choice, but sometimes you just don't feel like driving an hour to run an hour.  Don't worry though, I'll be there this week like always, burning up those trails.

I've been doing some light running along with the trail runs, but nothing too spectacular.  I'm pretty sure I went through this same cycle last year at this time, of not wanting to run or workout at all.  Of course I will continue to do so because otherwise I'm just sitting around the house working on school stuff all day, and who wants to do that?  There's a state forest about a mile down the road from us that has a little workout circuit trail, so maybe I'll run down there and check it out later this week.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that today was the last day of school.  Sure, June is basically over, but it's the last day all the same.  I have a glorious two weeks off before I have to go back for a professional development class, and then another few weeks before Cross Country starts.  We had sign-ups for that today, actually.  There were about 10 boys that signed up and a whopping two girls.  Yes you read that right, two whole girls.  I think I may have two more that just weren't in school today, but I'm not 100% on that.  Otherwise I'm really hoping to talk it up at the woods and convince kids there to join.  Hopefully some of the incoming freshmen are willing to join too.

Aside from all that, not much else happening.  We went to the Boston Public Market and Haymarket on Saturday.  At Haymarket we bought 3 packages of strawberries for $2.00 and a package of raspberries and blackberries for $2.00, spending a total of $4.00 on fresh fruit.  Best deal I've ever seen, even if some of the raspberries were squished.  Seriously, Haymarket is a goldmine if you go later in the day.  Of course we got pastries in the North End while we were there too.  The line for Mike's was so absurdly long that it wasn't even worth thinking about.  So we went over to Modern Pastry instead, which is equally as good and had no line at all.  They also had the butter cookies, so I bought another pound of those.  No judgement, those cookies are delicious.

Other than that, it was just another regular week at the Gibbs'.  Enjoy these pictures of things that happened that I didn't write about.

We had a paint party at school, exactly like an adult paint night, without the drinking.  I taught the kids how to paint fireworks.  It was fun and exhausting all at once.

Five grades, five paintings. All are mine, none are the same.



I finally put my Undress to use.  Changed from my work clothes to my running clothes at the woods.

Transition stage
Putting on running clothes. I then left the woods and ran at the beach. There's no changing back photos, but it worked just as well in that direction. Great purchase, so worth it!

When I'm bored, I practice my Bocce skills while Stella watches

Saturday afternoon adventures

Made pizza on the grill the other night and it was fantastic.  Highly recommend.

What a weird dog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment