Monday, December 28, 2015

Being for the benefit of Mr. Kite

In honor of The Beatles songs being available to stream, I decided to draw a little picture.
Ok, fine that's a lie.  To be honest, I've had The Beatles in my music library for years, so really the ability to stream has no affect on me.  But it seemed like a good lead in.  The truth is, I heard the song on the radio today on our way home.... Hahahaha ok, that's probably the last reference I'll make, here's the point.  I heard the song on the radio and as I was listening it made me think of the Starry Night painting.  Now, I'm no Van Gogh and I have zero ability to paint in that style, but I thought of the little houses in the village, and the idea for the picture just kind of came to me.  It didn't come out exactly as I hoped, but that's mostly because I used watercolor colored pencils, which I rarely use, so the lines are sort of half blended in some places and kind of harsh in others.  But the idea is the same, so for that reason, I do like the final product.  Without further ado, here's the picture, before and after. And yes, I listened to The Beatles while I worked on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment