Friday, October 2, 2015

October

Well, in case you were wondering, I've made it through my marathon training again.  Except this time around I split up my 20 miler so that I joined up with friends for 12 in the middle.  It worked out well because it didn't seem like it was 20 miles.  Anyways, I'm ready for Newport next weekend.  I don't remember if I even mentioned that I deferred Chicago due to not wanting to pay for plane tickets to Chicago and to Louisiana in the same month.  And baby Beau's christening took precedence over marathon running, so Newport, here I come.  My only real goal during this marathon is to get over the finish line in under 4 hours.  3:59 is fine with me.  So I guess that means no selfie mile markers this time around, and I'll probably have to really think hard about bathroom breaks and walk-through water stops.  You know what though, I think I can do it.  And if not, I'll try again in my next marathon.  But I think I can do it.  As long as it's not raining, or overly hot, or overly cold.  Ideal conditions only.  It will be nice to run through Newport though.  I hear the scenery is lovely.  I'll try to get some pictures, and apparently the race photos are free too, so I'll have those to share.  Anyways, I swear I'll have a lot more going on here real soon, it won't be months between updates anymore.  For real!





No comments:

Post a Comment