Thursday, January 29, 2015

Too many snow days

Being snowed in and not having to work really is not as fun as it sounds.  I promise.  To start, now we're behind 3 more days in school.  Add that to the other reasons why we might not be on track with the curriculum mapping and suddenly we're a month behind where we're supposed to be.  In some jobs, this might not be a huge deal.  Maybe you can make it up, work a little extra, push some papers through, I don't know, I'm not a doctor.  What I do know is that my 3 - 5 grade students still have to take the district benchmark test in February.  And everyone has to take the MCAS in March and May.  So, even though we may be behind, our tests are not.  Now we're in that tricky spot where we have to decide, do we push through the topics to make sure we at least cover everything on the test, but leave more than half the class behind in terms of actually understanding, or do we keep our pace and miss covering material that shows up? Don't worry though, we'll get to make up these missed days in June.  At the end of the year.  After all the tests.  Please, tell me how much sense that makes, because I'm still not seeing it.  I'd rather give up February vacation and be able to keep the kids on track to success, than have to struggle through the end of June trying to find reasons to convince the students that what we're doing still matters.
Ok, enough about that.  Since there's absolutely no where to walk outside, that means no running either.  :( Suddenly the treadmill is my best friend.  Yesterday I got in 5 miles, yes 5, with speed included.  Today I did 3.1 with hills and speed.  I still haven't decided about the Hyannis marathon either.  I know I should probably do it, but I don't want to sign up.
Since I've been bored out of my mind after being home for the past few days, I decided to make another pair of shoes.  I mostly liked the way the first pair came out, and I wanted to try a new design.  So I went out and got another pair of cheap white canvas sneakers to design.  This pair came from H&M, so I'm not really sure how comfortable they'll be, but I really think they came out cute.  Without further ado....



Oh yea, and I finally achieved my goal of drawing a Disney Princess in way that actually looks like a Disney Princess!


Oh, and just in case you didn't believe me about the snow levels. Ignore my face, I can't smile in the cold after I wash my face apparently....

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


Yup. This is my backyard. That's a fence over in the far left.

No comments:

Post a Comment