Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Snow day 2015

Today there was a blizzard.  It would have been a more beautiful blizzard if we had a snow blower.  But since we just have shovels, it was just a disgusting, horrendous, snowy mess.  Even the dogs were not impressed.  About an hour ago I was pretty sure it stopped snowing and I was happy that we at least got our driveway plowed out and moved the cars around a little bit. However, I've just looked outside and there seems to be more snow falling. UGH.  Since everything in life was shut down today, there was really nothing to do but sit inside and craft.  I mean, I shoveled a bit, helped walk the dogs, and made chili, but aside from that, there was nothing to do but craft.  So a few weeks ago I bought a pair of plain white shoes to paint, just to try something new.  It took me forever to decide what to put on them, but I finally did it today.  I'm not really sure how I feel about the final product.  Personally, I think it looks too amateur.  Ok, I know I'm not a professional designer/artist, but I just don't love the way they look.  I don't hate it, I just don't love it.  I feel like maybe sharpie would have been a better choice than paint.  Anyways, I guess I'll let you be the judge on this one.  And on an unrelated note, I'm fairly certain running outside is out for the next few weeks.  There's no getting over this snow.  Looks like I better learn to love the treadmill, and fast!
































2 comments:

  1. Um I love the shoes! I think they're great! You really are a talented artist Allie! Now I expect to see you wearing them to Brayden's Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha thanks. Maybe I will wear them!

    ReplyDelete