Sunday, April 28, 2013

My week in running and other exciting things

This week I tried to do a lot of running.  With that half marathon only 4 weeks away, I want to get in as many long distance runs as I possibly can.  I went for a nice little 5 mile run on Wednesday, a 2.6 on Saturday, and another 5.2(ish) on Sunday (today).  Not the BEST, but not the worst.  I'll be heading out again tomorrow as well.  I'm thinking on Wednesday I'll do a longer one, at least 6, and then maybe next weekend get out another 9 - 11 miler.  My goal is to make it to 13 at least once before going into the half.


I've also volunteered to help stuff packets for the half on May 21, from 5 - 10 pm.  Since
they've had such a boom in registration and the races are now sold out, there is a major need for more volunteers.  If you live in the Boston area and want to lend a hand, you can visit this website and see what positions they need help filling.  There are race day and pre-race day positions available.
But, the most exciting news of the week came from an early morning walk with Ryan.  We took the dogs for a sunrise walk on the beach and he proposed! It was all very lovely and I'm super excited to get married and bug him with my running for the rest of our lives ;)
Here are some pictures from the morning, and some race maps from this week. Sadly, my ring was too big so I had to send it off to get resized.  Wahhhhh!

Ryan is sad because his life is ruined ;)
Just kidding, he's super happy too

We tried to get the dogs in the picture.  It ALMOST worked.  That white spot is the top of Stella's head.

Ryan's ring.



No comments:

Post a Comment