Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Halfsies

As of 5:30 pm today I am officially registered for a half marathon. I'm still on the fence about being excited for it.  The farthest I've gone so far is still the 9 miles back in February.  Sure, I've increased some of my weekly runs to be 5 or 6 miles, but mostly I've still been sticking to 5ks.  But on May 26, 2013, like it or not, I will be running a half marathon through Boston.
Registration for the Disney Marathon opened up today too and I really want to register.  The problem with that is being able to make it down there next year.  Plane tickets can be expensive, plus the stay in Disney.  This is one that I have to think about and really consider, but I REALLY want to run it.
I've also signed up for the Color me Rad, coming to Massachusetts in July.  I did the Color Run last year and it was fun, so I'm pretty excited for this one.  I think that's about it for races I've signed up for recently.  Other than that I've just been running the Will Run for Beer Series and working on improving my time.  I really wanted to get it down under a 27, even if it was just a little bit down.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do that yet.  I ran on Sunday and I felt like I was going along great, but the finish line time told me differently.  Yesterday I did some speed training at the beach, but it actually increased my time overall....WTF?  While I was at the beach though, I did happen to see the new David O. Russell film being made.  It was a star-filled afternoon, I'm pretty positive that Christian Bale was there, and I know Bradley Cooper was.  I wasn't expecting to run into a movie set so that was pretty neat.
Since the weather is getting nicer, which means no more pockets :(, I've been looking for something to wear while running to hold my stuff.  Usually I need something to hold my phone, some gum or energy beans, and keys.  I found a running belt pack at Olympia Sports so I bought that, but after seeing pictures of it, I'm not sure I want to keep wearing it!  It looks like I'm wearing a fanny pack!!! Embarrassing.  I'm going to continue using it for now though, and just keep an eye out for something smaller but just as functional.  I'll leave you with a picture so you can see what I mean.

Seriously...basically a fanny pack.  It didn't help that I was loaded down with chili, free waters, and a t-shirt.  This is post-race as we were check our results.

This is just a good picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment