Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Gym time

Hard to come by these days.  Sure, sometimes it's because I find a reason not to go, but mostly it's because there's a tiny human that needs constant upkeep.  Still, I get there when I can, even if it is only 2-3 times a week. If this heat would ever go away, X and I could go for a lot more walks, which would make the lack of gym time a little easier.  On that note, if X would take a nap that lasted longer than 30 minutes, I could do an at-home workout.  But he's still into being held while sleeping during the day.  It's all very cute and snuggly, but it certainly makes it a lot harder to get regular stuff done.  I mean, sure, I can sling him up in the Moby wrap, and that's nice, but he's far too little to be able to do mommy and me workouts, so that leaves me out of luck at this time.  I just can't wait until he's big enough to use the BOB so we can go out and about for run/walks. 
With all that though, I did manage to get my elliptical time back down under 30 minutes for 3 miles, something I haven't seen since last December! So, that's a great start, but I would love to be able to get back to regular running, instead of elliptical running.  After all, I have to run/walk Baystate half in October, so I would like to be able to have some conditioning back before then.  Perhaps that means not skipping the gym because it's late and I'm tired.  Because right now that's basically what I do. When X falls asleep for the night, there's no way I want to give up that sleep time for myself.  Again, once he starts sleeping longer, that will be easier to do, but when he's still waking up at midnight/1 and again at 3/4, it's not a great schedule. 
Do you notice a pattern as much as I do here?  I keep talking about what I'll do when he's a little bit older, when he sleeps a little bit longer, when it's a little bit cooler, etc.  There's no real plan for what I'm going to do now. Perhaps that's what needs to change the most.  Actually making myself do it now, instead of waiting for more convenient circumstances.  You know what though, most of all, I just still find Planet Fitness too boring to be that dedicated to getting there.  Now that it's been some time, I miss going to a place like Title.  At least that kept me accountable and I was having fun working out.  I wouldn't mind joining up again, but I'm not sure it's the best choice for us, since there's no daycare option and hourly classes might be hard to get to once I go back to work.  I would like to join a gym that has class and daycare options so that I could drop X off for a few and go workout.  Maybe someday.  For now, I guess I have to just accept PF and get myself there more often.  Now that X is a month old and our routine is starting to, sort of, come together, it might be easier for me to push myself now.  And hopefully, for my 6-week pp check-up the Dr says it's ok to resume running and HIIT.

Under 30 elliptical!!


This is 1-month pp, back to my regular workout tops, but they still don't fit the way they did before. 

Just wanted to prove a point, sucking it in makes all the difference.  Don't be fooled by those people who look amazing 1 month after giving birth, they've had a lot of help.  This is one month after, no waist trainers, no personal chefs, no hours spent at the gym.  Not even close to where I was, but that's ok.  I have no intention of getting there the easy way, but I do plan to get there.  And before you come at me about how it shouldn't be about the look, 9 months on, 9 months off, I know.  I'm not in a rush to get back to my tip-top shape of two years ago, and honestly, I'll doubt I'll ever get there again.  That was a different time.  Right now, I'm just working on being able to run a half again and maybe another full, someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment