Monday, September 10, 2018

4 Under 40

Ok so I still haven't done much running, but I did get 4 miles on the elliptical the other day, in just over 33 minutes!  I know that road running is going to be much harder than elliptical moving, but if I can hang for at least 5 - 6 on the elliptical, I'll be fairly confident in my ability to be able to run/walk and complete the half next month.  Plus I have my 6-week check-up next Monday, so hopefully, after that, I can go back to full time running without worrying.  I'd love to be able to go out on the rail trail, especially now that it's almost fall, which is generally perfect running weather.  The Bob website says that babies can ride in the seat starting at 8 weeks, so even if I can't run a ton, we can go for long walks on the rail trail.
Besides my elliptical success, I've been using resistance bands to work on my leg and back strength.  I noticed that even though I can *sort of* fit into my regular clothes, for the most part, my back and legs seem to have changed the most.  (Well, outside of the obvious places, of course.) So I'm trying to get some tone back into those places.  Like I said, I really need Title again.  I know they would be able to whip me back into shape in no time.  Unfortunately, without daycare, there are not too many gym options for us at the moment.  Eventually, I would like to leave P.F. and join a place that does baby swim lessons, like the Y.  What I would really like is to join Lifetime, but they're crazy expensive and probably not worth it right now.  Maybe in the future. 
Back to the elliptical for a minute though.  Am I the only one whose feet start feeling like they're falling asleep after a mile or two on it?  I get pins and needles going and I'm not entirely sure why.  Once I was told that going backward will alleviate that problem, but I'm not there to go backward at the moment.  My other thought was that my shoes are too small, but even when I wore my regular old running shoes, it still happened.  It's not really a problem so much as an annoyance, but I am curious if it happens to anyone else. 



No comments:

Post a Comment