Sunday, May 22, 2016

4 minutes 31 seconds

The time it took our 4 x 400 time to run the final relay in the 2016 Spring track NEC meet yesterday.  And just like that, the season ends.  Did we have a stellar record this year? Certainly not.  But we managed to improve the final times of every girl on the team who consistently showed up to practice and worked hard.  As far as I'm concerned, this track season was a great one, even if we didn't win most of our match-ups.  I have girls who could barely run a 400 who are now running 2 miles, which says a lot for the girls and for us as a team. 
It is a bit strange to have all this free time looming after school now.  My afternoons have been filled with coaching and homework help since October, and suddenly it's the end of May and another school year is coming to an end.  Sure, we still have 6 weeks of school left, but the end of the year never seems as long as that.  Now that I've got some spare time to do my own running again, I should be back at this too.  I know it's kind of been neglected for the past month-ish, but I'll try to be better at it again.  Soon enough I'll have to start training for Disney anyways, and we all know how much I need to share my training with everyone.  
This was meant to be a short catch-up post, so I'll leave it here for now, and hopefully you'll be hearing from me again soon!

Here's a picture from the Sox game today, nothing at all to do with this post, but a picture nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment