Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Possibly the most important question you'll answer today

We're going to be in Baton Rouge the weekend of the Louisiana marathon.  Do I sign up and run it, aiming to break 4 hours, or do I sideline it and only focus on Boston?  Both options seem good. I'd like to run it because I'm almost 100% positive I could break the 4 hour mark and I really like the medals this year.  On the other hand, it's close enough to Boston that if something happens, it could easily put me out for enough time that I wouldn't be able to run.  Plus, it costs money, something I don't like spending if I don't have to.  As you can see, it's a real dilemma.  So many good reasons and yet, so many reasons not to run.  Clearly I've gone around in circles thinking about this and have come up with no good answer, so I'm throwing it out there to the people of the internet.  To be clear, if an entry was sent my way, free of charge, I'd be on board no problem.  Who turns down a free race entry?  No one in their sane mind, I hope.  But, since I've yet to have any sponsorship or free race bib offers, I guess I'm stuck doing this the old fashioned way, which is asking a bunch of different people their opinion and then deciding which one I like the best.

In other running news, I ran 10 miles on Sunday with the old training crew.  Their all going to Philly next weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to sign up for that.  I have no good reason to run Philly again, since I didn't love it the first time around. I'm sure they're all going to have a great time though, and I'll be a little jealous that they're running without me, but that's ok.  I have a feeling that even if I did run, it would end up like Newport, and I don't want anymore of those times under my name.  Ya, I know, that's a silly thing to say, but it's been said, so I can't take it back now.

Tomorrow I'll probably get in a few miles since I have the day off.  Veteran's day and all that, you know how it goes. Remember to high five any veterans you see too.  They really like that way better than people saying thank you.  At least, they do on the race courses, so I assume that carries over into every day life.  After all, who doesn't love a good high five?

That's my basic recap of November so far.  I'm not signed up for any Thanksgiving runs, even though there's plenty of them around. We have people coming over for dinner, so it seemed like it wouldn't be a good idea to try and run before getting everything ready to go.  If I'm really feeling it, I'll run the 3 miles around my neighborhood and save myself the drive time of getting to and from the races in Salem and Lynn.

And now, a selfie from the end of my 10 miles on Sunday.  Chilly, but nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment