Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30 - The Locked Out Edition

I locked myself and the dogs out of the house tonight.  Yup.  I don't really know how, I swear I checked the door before we left for a walk, and yet when we returned, boom, locked out.  Of course we have a spare key, but wouldn't you know it, that was in the house.  Great place for it huh?  Luckily my mom is the best and drove out here with her key to unlock the door.  Otherwise we'd be some frozen pup-sicles.  After that, I went to Target and bought a bunch of stuff for our Boy's Raffle Basket.  Maybe a little bit too much stuff, but I just couldn't help it.  I kept finding things that I thought the boys would like, and probably would never get on their own.  Hopefully whoever wins the basket has a sibling to share with! While at Target I also bought another nutcracker, because I love them, and the white fudge covered Oreos, because they're the best ever.  Yesterday I made a real fancy Christmas decoration, which I really like.  I really need to get more decorations though, because I feel like we're really lacking in that department.  Right now we just have a bunch of mixed up pieces, old and new.  I'd like to get everything more together though, some bigger pieces to decorate the empty rooms.  Let's see....I also ordered the Harry Potter adult coloring book, signed up for the Louisiana Marathon, and bought a few Christmas presents for the family.  Seems like a productive weekend, even though it doesn't really feel like it.  Is anyone watching Charlie Brown Christmas right now?  I'm not a fan of the second version, none of the character voices are the same and Sally is real annoying.  However, Charlie Brown is drawn a lot cuter in this version, so I like that part.  I like adorable Charlie Brown better than old Charlie Brown.  In fact, if you've ever read the original Charlie Brown comic strips, he starts out as a real young kid, and he's super adorable.  I used to have a whole book of them somewhere, I'd love to find that again. It's probably long gone by now, but it might still be at my mom's house.
Alright, so there's nothing in here about running, but don't worry, I'm still on it.  I ran 15.5 on Wednesday and 7 on Sunday.  I definitely need to do more, but I'm not sure I'm going to have the time this week.  Looks like I might have to bring back the Saturday run.  Not my favorite, but sometimes you have to do things you don't want too. After my 15 miles I also climbed the rope at boxing.  Maybe not a big thing, but considering I've never done a rope climb before and managed to master it in just under 5 minutes is pretty good, I think.  Ok, now that I've covered all that, here's a few pictures of the Christmas decorations. Enjoy.



Locked out! :(



Beaching in November....she loves it there

Oooh the top of the hill.  Mid-15 mile run

Boom...climbed that rope all the way to the top.  It's all in the leg swoop

And of course a pie

My medal holder is getting too full!

Told the 2nd grade that boy turkeys were called Toms.  Later, got this picture from a 2nd grader. He really took the Tom thing and ran with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment