Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Long week

Especially since it's only Tuesday!  We picked a bad week to move.  I have two parent nights at school, one was Monday, one is Wednesday, those go from 6 - 9.  Track practice is still going strong every day from 3:00/3:30 - 4:30/5:00, and we have a meet on Thursday at 4.  Maybe this weekend we'll actually be able to get more done.  At least we have the kitchen all unpacked and put away.  Now if only we had the other rooms squared away too.  Unfortunately, we don't have a bedroom set yet, so we can't move anything up to the bedroom, which is causing the rest of the rooms to be a mess of half unpacked boxes.  We also need a desk to get the extra room set up as an office.  Hopefully though, there will be more time next week, since it's V A C A T I O N week.  Woo woo! Which also means the marathon is on Monday.  I'm not sure if we're going to watch it.  Stanley Steamer is coming to clean the floors on Monday, so we might not get out there.  I'm undecided if I want to watch it anyways.  Boston is the one marathon that I really want to run someday, and preferably on my own accord, not under fundraising.  Speaking of marathons, I put my name in for the Chicago lottery.  I figured I might as well see what happens, and if I get in, then good for me.  If not, oh well, not a big deal.  But it could be fun to run Chicago.  While we're on the topic of running too, the track team is showing significant improvements.  All the girls on the long distance side have gotten their mile times down under 10:00. Two of the girls are down under 7:00.  Seems like my training is really working, so I'm happy with that.  I feel a win coming on in the future.
Obviously there's still a lot to do and very little time, so updating is going to be slow for a few more days/weeks, but I swear I'll get back on it when I start running more again.  Which I should probably do soon considering there's a half coming up at the end of May.  It would be nice to get my time down to a 1:50.  We'll see.

And now, please enjoy these pictures from the closing.

Just left the lawyer's office, after waiting 3+ hours for the sellers to Fed-Ex the signed papers over. 

First night in the new house

Still undecided on whether or not I like this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment