Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Halloween!

So, this post is unrelated to running, which is why it's separate from the previous post! But, since it's basically October at this point, I wanted to share my new classroom door for the month.  My goal is to change the door monthly this year, just to add a little pep to the third floor hallway. If you recall, my September door was a Minion from Despicable Me.  This month, I had to go Halloween themed, obviously.


Meet Frank. He's my newest creation using only fadeless bulletin board paper, some scissors, and a black marker. I added the bowtie because I like my door to have some class. (hahaha, get it!) Anyways, this was actually even easier than the Minion, believe it or not.  All I did was layer two long strips of green paper down the door for the base and cut out a handle hole.  Then I flipped the scraps over and cut out two eyes. Luckily the back of the paper is white, so it makes everything easier.  For the hair I took pieces of construction paper and cut out random chunks. I used the scraps from that to make the eyebrows, bolts, and scars on his face.  Then I used a separate piece to make two eyes, and a another piece for the mouth background.  The teeth are the leftover scraps from Frankie's bowtie, and I drew the nose on with a sharpie. Seriously, so easy, a caveman could do it. Unfortunately, I couldn't come up with a cute saying to go with it this time, so it's just Frank hanging out.  Stayed tuned for next month, I already have something in mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment