Monday, August 12, 2013

Ouch

Two of my friends joined a boxing club at the beginning of the month.  One of the enticements to get people to join this club is that you get your first shot free.  So yesterday I joined the two of them for their 9 am boxing class.  It was awesome, overall.  The class was an hour long, which included the warm-up, the boxing, ab work, and the cool down.  I had a good time and I really enjoyed punching the bag.  Yes, if you're wondering, I did join, and I plan to head there tomorrow for another round of boxing.  They also offer kickboxing, which I think we may be doing later in the week.
There's only one downside to all of this.  Every single muscle in my body aches today.   This isn't just a running ache, where your legs hurt, but you can manage.  This is legs, abs, arms, chest, and back muscles.  If there's a muscle in my body, it's aching.  But I had to go for a run today, since I didn't do a long run this weekend.  In fact, I haven't gone since Wednesday last, I believe.  So, after suffering through a torturous day of aches and pains, I decided to suck it up and go for a shorter run.  6.2 miles, because I figured it would be like running the last 6.2 of the marathon.  Really, it gave me a small idea of what it's going to be like, running on legs that feel like they're about to give out and having every muscle ache.  I'm sure it was a worthwhile experience.  The only problem, now that everything is done, is moving.  It hurts to stand, to sit, to walk up or down stairs.  I can't even sit up from a half-way lounging position without a struggle.  It's really a huge issue because I have laundry to do and I have to go down to the basement to put it in the dryer.  Everything hurts and it's torture.  So, why not do it again tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment