Monday, October 15, 2018

6 Days Away

The half is on Sunday, so I'm using this week as a taper week.  Funny, right?  I know, I can't really taper from nothing, but I am not going to try and run 6 or more at all.  I'll keep them short.  I can take X on a couple of 5Ks and that should be sufficient for now.  For Sunday I have GUs and Tailwind, so I should be all set to run, it's just a matter of how long it will take me to actually finish.  I'm hoping for a 2:15/2:30. 
Really what I need to be doing is going to the gym or outside just a bit more often.  Last week was a good week since it was nice out and we were able to take lots of walks.  But with the pattern of rain every other day or so it seems, it makes it hard to get out during the day and then by this time at night I have no interest in changing, going to the gym, coming home, and showering.  That just seems like so much.  I'd rather get the gym out of the way really early, or during the day.  And so here we are.  If someone would nap, I would work out in the living room, but we're still working on napping for more than 20 minutes at a time at this point.  I suppose it is only Monday, so as long as I get outside or to the gym for the rest of the week, I should be ok. 
Last week I ended up with over 600 workout minutes for the week, which hasn't happened in a very long time.  We're talking years.  The walk through Concord on Friday really pushed me over the top.  I took X to the Old North Bridge and Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.  I was hoping for more foliage, but the walk was nice either way.  We might go to Salem sometime during the week and walk around there, but it's probably unlikely.  Salem is nice and all, but I don't know that I want to pay for parking and deal with crazy people just to stroll around the streets for a little bit.  There are closer places.  We'll see where the week takes us for that.  It is supposed to be rather cold by the middle of the week.  40s or so.  Which makes sense, since last week it was in the 80s.  Cold weather won't keep us inside though as long as it's not raining.  But I might need to find other races to run just to make sure I at least keep running a little bit!
And here are our photos from our Concord walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment