Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday,Friday, Getting Down on Friday

Actually it wasn't that exciting.  Lamest Friday in a long time.  Felt like a Monday.  It's the first day of Spring, so of course, it snowed.  But, we did get our Girl Scout cookies in the mail, so that's cool.  Because when you buy Girl Scout cookies, you obviously buy them from the family in Louisiana instead of anyone in Massachusetts.  They arrived in good condition, all things considered. Not smashed or really even broken.  Now all I have to do is avoid eating them all at once.
I'm trying to set good examples now, because I'm the assistant track coach at one of our high schools, and I feel like I should do more than just tell the girls what they should be doing.  I should probably be practicing it as well.  We've only had a few practices, but so far it's been fun.  The hardest part is not knowing anyone's name.  I'm hoping that will change soon, but there are a lot of girls on the team.  Right now our numbers are somewhere in the 60-70 range, so trying to remember those names, on top of all the 400 kids at my regular school is a little bit of a challenge. Pretty soon though, the hardest part is going to be coordinating my schedule to make time for practices! Right now since there's so much snow on the ground we're running the indoor track at a different high school in the city.  It's difficult because both teams are practicing and sometimes there are other sports practicing in there as well.  But this is what you get when you live in a city without a dedicated indoor track space.  Our outdoor track is still under snow and they hope to have HALF of it cleared off by next week.  Yes, half.  Not even the whole thing. That's cool though.  Who needs a track? Anyways, I'm covering the long distance girls with another assistant coach, so I'm hoping what I'm doing actually works.  So far I've been having them do my distance/speed workouts, so if anyone has any tips, feel free to leave them.  We also do core, which is super fun.  Well, not really, but I've been taking the workouts I do at the end of boxing and twisting them into my own, so it's been working out so far.
Still moving forward on that house buying process, and now we've signed the purchase and sale.  Unfortunately, no one informed us that we have to take the first time home buyer class, so we had to find one of those being offered in the next two weeks.  Luckily we found one in Newburyport.  Not so luckily, it's a two day course, Saturday and Sunday, 12 - 5.  I probably wouldn't have minded that if we were earlier in our process.  However, the first three sessions, of the four total, cover what to look for in a house, finding a realtor, and getting a loan.  Basically all the stuff we've already done! But whatever, you have to do what you have to do.  At this point though, I have started the hunt for boxes.  You can never have too many boxes when you're moving.
Ryan's sister is coming out to run the Run to Remember in May, with Ryan.  I'm still hoping that I can sign up, but I don't want to spend the $100 while we're buying a house.  Mostly because we need that money for a new bed.  And a new couch.  And a washer and dryer. So, we'll see what happens there.  If someone wants to, you know, buy my way into the half for me though, I certainly wouldn't say no.  Heck, I'd run under a sponsored outfit if someone was willing to pay my entry.  By that I mean I'd totally rock your company name/gear in exchange for entry and obviously, the gear.  So all you savvy business people out there, just keep that in mind.  Well, that's the end of this recap.  Catch you on the flip.

Cookies!

Oh yea, St. Patrick's day.  I made these hats with a 1st grade classroom.  Pretty simple, paper plate, construction paper, and glue. So much fun.

Cap't Ryan.  I love it when Ryan's dad sends the monthly photo stock.

Also, Stella.  She had to have her back tooth extracted the other day.  She's bounced back fine and is sitting pretty again.

No comments:

Post a Comment