Saturday, August 23, 2014

Terrible blogger here

Alright, alright, I know, I'm a terrible blogger.  After those marathons, I didn't really have much to update with and I was busy with the wedding.  Sure I could have updated more about some of the crafts I made for our wedding after the fact, but I really just didn't feel like it.  Hey, I'm nothing if not honest, right?  But, I might be back! I know, you're pumped.  Mostly because I am signed up for the Louisiana Marathon in January and as of right now, I'm running SOLO.  That's right, just me, myself, and I, at least for the 2nd half.  Ryan, his sister, and one of his uncles are all signed up for the half-marathon, which follows the same course for the first 11 miles.  So if all goes well, I might have company for the beginning.  But unless the Smith family decides a vacation is plausible and do-able, I'll be taking on the last 15.2 ALL BY MYSELF.  This makes me nervous and excited.  There's a lot of things I want to do, so I'll have to narrow that down as the time gets closer.  I can run for fun or I can run for time.  If I go for time, I'm aiming for a 4:15/4:20. If I run for fun, I'm aiming for a selfie at every mile to mark my feelings as I go along.  Could I do both? Possible.  Will I? Who knows.  All I know is, I've got new shoes, HOKA clifton, and right now, a renewed excitement for running. Let's hope that sticks as the winter months and the colder weather roll in!

No comments:

Post a Comment