Thursday, February 13, 2014

Oooohhhh...

I just looked and saw the last time I wrote anything was actually one month ago.  Sorry friends.  I know you've probably been checking everyday just in case something new pops up and I apologize for making you wait this long.  Unfortunately for you, I have nothing exciting to tell you.  So I guess I'll just fill you in on some random pieces of what I've been doing.
Currently: I am watching the Beatles Grammy show and thinking about Ringo has surpassed Paul in the looks department.  Also, how weird is it to be singing your own songs, with half of your band missing.  Plus, what REALLY happened with John and the rest of the band?  Finally, if you say the Beatles are overrated, you're lying.  You can't overrate great music.  It would be like saying Pink Flloyd is overrated. Just because they were/are popular, doesn't make them overrated.

Recently: We went to Texas for Brittany's law school graduation.  Way to go Brittany!  I went for a short-ish run a week or two ago outside, but forgot my garmin, so that was sad.  More recently than that run, I went for 3 miles on the treadmill at the hotel last weekend and it was AWFUL.  I just can not run like that.  Even with a tv on the treadmill, I was so bored.  Running without scenery and not going anywhere is just no fun for me.  Some people love the treadmill, but I am not one of them.  While we were in Texas, a friend of mine had her first baby.  That was an exciting text to get.  I have yet to meet him, but he's adorable in all the pictures I've seen so far.  I've been keeping up the boxing and trying to get in at least three times a week.  My only problem with the boxing is that I feel like it has somehow gotten HARDER than it used to be.  That makes zero sense, but there you are.   However, the other day, a new member stopped me after class and told me that I was so good at it that she was watching me to get motivated.  That was a pump up moment for me.

Wedding: I feel like I've been blowing through this wedding planning lately.  I've sent out all the invites, I have the table numbers done, I purchased favors, and just bought suits yesterday.  A few weeks ago I picked out flowers, we've had our tasting, and our cake appointment is scheduled for next weekend.  I'm sure there's still a ton left to do, but it feels like almost everything is covered.  Mostly it's just alterations, gifts, and figuring out what to do with out of towners before/after the big day.

School: Lots of tests.  Lots of snow days.  Next week is vacation, which is weird, but whatever.  

Alright, you're all caught up now.  Here are some pictures of nothing.


Valentine's Day gift for Ryan.  Us in snowman form.  So romantic.

I asked for a sangria, I got this Sangrita monstrosity.

Only in Texas.

Groundhog day Punchbowl Party

Student notes

Sunset in motion



Waffle sandwiches and an elephant mug





No comments:

Post a Comment