Friday, January 10, 2014

But dreams come slow, and they go so fast

I'll say this about the One Fund, they are efficient.  They said they would decide on a Boston Marathon team by January 10, and they did.  If you can't guess, I didn't make the cut.  But you know what, I'm mostly ok with that.  I think if I had, I would have had to turn it down anyways!  Thinking about it logically, it's $325 for the bib alone.  Then I would have had to go find a way to raise $8500.  Assuming that I didn't raise the full amount, I would have to pony up whatever I didn't manage to raise.  Considering the fact that I'm not sure I could raise $4000, let alone $8500, I'm sort of relieved I don't have to worry about that.  There's no way I could have paid that extra money, in any amount of time.
 (Sidebar: Thomas is a HUGE jerk.  I thought maybe the writers would have made him less of a jerk after the end of last season, but nope, carrying on in his terrible ways.  I would be ok if he left Downton for good.)
Anyways, so, all in all, I'm more relieved that I didn't get accepted, than I am disappointed.  Actually, I am in no way disappointed, just relieved, so I guess that right there tells me that I shouldn't have even bothered to apply for the team.  Live and learn.
And now for something completely different!
I feel accomplished in the way of wedding planning, for the first time in a long time.  I finished up our table numbers and they look awesome.  Using an idea from Pinterest, I up-cycled someone else's old numbers.  Today I also finished all the invites for the out of town guests, so I'm going to mail those this weekend.  I know it's a bit early, but I need counts for ceremony attendees.  Right now, I feel like the biggest problem I'm facing is the veil and undergarments.  I don't know much (ok, anything) about petticoats.  Plus, I haven't even looked at my dress since I bought it in July, except for the occasional picture.
Aside from that, sometimes I really feel like I relate to all the wrong fictional characters.  Scarlett O'Hara reminds me of myself all the time, and I tend to feel like I act much like Lady Mary in Downton Abbey as well.  That's not right! You're supposed to relate to the happy, friendly, bubbly characters to everyone loves, not the stubborn, pig-headed, grumpy characters.  I've been doing the 100 Happy Days challenge on Twitter, so maybe by the end of that, I'll find myself relating to a new group.  Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment