Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hope on the horizon.

Well, sort of, even if it is a long shot.  Cynthia informed me today that the One Fund just received 50 more bibs for marathoners looking to get into Boston.  Of course I immediately jumped on that one.  Running for the One Fund is one of the only charities I would actually want to raise money for, along with any charity that funded families like Morty's or maybe the ASPCA.  I know I shouldn't be picky when it comes to charities, but I feel like if I'm going to ask everyone for money, it should be for a cause I feel strongly about.  Obviously the One Fund is high up on that list, being a fund that supports all those hurt by the bombings last year.  Filling out the form doesn't mean I'm in though.  I have to wait until at least January 10 to get a decision from the One Fund.  I'm fairly certain that there are going to be a ton of other people hoping to get in with this team, so who knows if I'll even make the cut, but if I do, I sure will have a lot of fundraising to do.  So, if that happens, expect to be bombarded with links and requests for donations.  But it's my blog, I'll do what I want! I'll keep you posted on that as soon as I hear back.

No comments:

Post a Comment